View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Dec-15-18, 21:32

Plan: Reduced carb
Stats: 217/189/150 Female 5ft 2 inches
BF:lots/lots/less
Progress: 42%

Brandy, there is nothing wrong with wanting the information about your blood sugars. It is good to want to pay attention to that. You had wonderful A1c. I am in the process of bringing mine down. It was 7.3. The last time it went down to 6.7 and now I'm working toward getting it at 6 or below.

Ms Airelle, My best friend had a hard time accepting that she had diabetes. At a general check-up she was told her A1c was 7.1. She refused medication and would not test. She said her mother used to complain about how bad her fingers hurt from testing so she won't do it. She was just watching the sugars in her food. Eventually her A1c went up to 8. She still refused meds and testing, but I told her she has to cut carbs as well as sugars so she kept lowering her carbs until she received an A1c of 6. Still doesn't test. Now she told me she's starting to eat sweets again. I could not stop testing. I have to know I have my blood sugar under control.

Things have changed so much with testing that my fingers don't get sore. If you test on the sides of your fingers instead of the pads, it is not as painful.