View Single Post
  #125   ^
Old Mon, May-04-20, 14:14

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 280/170/170 Female 69.8 in
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Working Out in Quarantine

The last week before the gym shut I’d been not going as much or as long as normal. It just didn’t feel “safe” for whatever reason. As far I know no one in that gym has gotten the virus, but I just felt it best to stay away for a bit.

I meet my trainer one-on-one once a week. She came up with some pretty good workouts I could do at home on my own like one that involves using my hiking backpack and using household items in place of free weights.

I got kinda bored & I miss the artistic expression of skating. We were listening to Halsey on Spotify while she was training me. I was doing deadlift rows & the BTS song that features Halsey came on. It was the perfect beat for the exercise we are doing. I challenged my trainer to come up with an exercise routine to this song:

https://youtu.be/XsX3ATc3FbA

It took us 3 - one hour sessions to finish it up. But oh my, my, my it is 4 minutes of great cardio without running 👍 Love it, but I am dead after one or two run through. This going to be my new warm up for sure.

Also doing some off ice skates-on classes via zoom with my skate coach. It’s only once a week. Killer leg lifts with skates-on for ankle weights.

I was walking a lot in local & state parks. But I was also super stress eating. Details in my journal.

But eating crap really decreased what I could actually do. I’ve developed plantar fasciitis. So I’ve had to cut my dog walks down to one a day (Hubs takes him in the morning- I take him at night). I get to go on one hike per week. Usually around 2 miles. It’s a big fat bummer, but it’s an important reminder that you can’t out exercise what you put in your mouth. I am forced to dial my nutrition back in as I ease up on the exercise. So that is good.

Continuing to do what I can.