View Single Post
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-10, 08:50

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 254/222/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

I REALLY need to write this out. I have several reasons that I believe led to my fattiness.

First of all, my mom is SUPER skinny...my stepdad is too (the only dad I've ever known). Turns out my biological dad and his family are prone to fatness (I have an aunt well into the 300s). So half my gened were out to get me from the beginning.

When I hit 5th grade, I had a 'chubby' period...and my mom told me so. I know now that she was just concerned (her sisters have weight problems as well - diferent dad from her). I have never stopped hearing her say so. I look back at pics of me after 5th and wish I could be 'that fat' again...I wasn't.

My parents NEVER had treats of any kind in the house. We got chips, etc for birthday parties and I would go to town on the leftovers. Same for parties at other people's houses. If you coudln't find me, I was at the chip bowl. Once I got a car and a job at 16, I 'rebelled' against my parents' choices by going through a drive thru every chance I could afford it.

Then I went to college...it was cool to stalk the kitchen late at night for all of the friend goodies you could think of (went to college in the south). While I tried exercising, my weight just kept creeping up.

Whats important to know as well is that I was a tomboy. While all of the other girls were whining about their weight, I prided myself on completely not caring or even by being completely unaware of how much I weighed. Stepped on a scale once and was SHOCKED by the number, but didn't 'worry' about it cause I was THAT girl that wasn't like all of the other girls...lol

So then I got married. At 21, very quickly to someone I knew from high school. He was in the military at the time...looking back, I should have known better than to pick him...we enable each other in many things, financial, health, etc...but he's a great husband/father so I don't have any regrets. Well while he was running 6+ miles a day with his batallion, he could afford to eat like crap every day...whoops, I guess I couldn't. Got pregnant quickly and was weighed...again, an even higher shocking number (196).

What could I do now except enjoy being pregnant at 21/22...so I did. Was 217 at delivery. I might have done something at that point except my baby threw my whole life into a tailspin (8 yrs ago) and I only NOW feel like I've caught up. The kid didn't sleep EVER (happiest kid ever, but she thought sleep was overrated). So neither did I...I was a zombie for most of her first FOUR years of life and often wondered if one could actually DIE from sleep deprivation. Thank goodness my other 2 slept/sleep.

So there ya go...2 more pregnancies after the first (all kids are 2 years apart) and the rest of the above and here I am. Fat.

But I'm FINALLY ready to fix everything...it won't be pretty when its over...the 3 pregnancies completely wrecked any chance I would have ever had at sleeveless or bathing suits. But its not too late to get healthy and stay that way. I do want ONE more baby...but I also want to be pregnant at a decent weight, without worrying about risks, enjoying my little basketball belly instead of wondering if its just fat or not. I plan to be Primal through the pregnancy and keep exercising safely...and then kicking butt afterwards to finish off whatevers hanging around.