View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-29-21, 12:40

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Hi Glenda,
High protein diets are very popular now, but since Dr Eades hasn’t written a new book in years, it is Dr Ted Naiman's The P:E Diet. If you still read DietDoctor, Dr Naiman has been brought on as a consultant after a number of the staff got leaner than they ever thought possible by increasing protein and lowering fat. Of course, healing from any injury benefits by increasing protein, hope you are doing well. I am now below my original goal weight and thinking about college weight as a goal. Crazy.

To lower fat, increasing fiberous carbs helps, so both Dr Naiman's plan, and a companion higher protein nutrient density focus from Marty Kendall are on the Semi-LC forum. Both threads are active and filled with good material over the past year:
https://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=138

Highly recommend The P:E Diet book (on Kindle for $20) though the basics of the its weight loss version are at the few tabs and tips at this website: https://www.lowenergydiet.com/
I simply followed his "tips" to start…he suggests protein powders in filtered milk, cottage cheese or zero fat yogurt with frozen berries. I have it at least once a day more as dessert. Marty's advice is definitely to move the protein forward in the day, starting with the protein drink, eggs, etc all good.

And there have been great interviews on DietDoctor about protein and many podcasts with Dr Naiman and Marty Kendall to learn more about the science of high protein. Many links in those two threads at semi-LC.

Btw, Dr Eades is now writing a weekly newsletter. I keep it for his wide-ranging book recommendations, but the newsletter can wing off to various non-nutrition related topics, somewhat long-winded. It's been many months since the topic of a new book was even hinted at.

Sending best wishes for a full recovery.