#7   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 07:56
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power - slightly modified
Stats: 185/156.5/145 Female 5'7"
BF:gettin' better!
Progress: 71%

Hi Pen,

Yep - total h. in 1988 and I've been on HRT ever since. Took a very long time to find the one that worked for me, finally landed on monthly injections of Estradiol - really not as bad as it sounds, at least I don't have to worry about ANOTHER pill to take (love those supplements!!)

Weight loss excruiatingly slow, but I suspect that has more to do with metabolism slow-down than HRT. And of course, even legal foods can be over-eaten ... evil, evil calories.

As I understand it, by the way, the HRT that was studied and suspected of causing cancer, etc. was the combination of estrogen and progesterone - not estrogen alone. Many professionals that I have spoken to about it cite the study as being very ill-conceived and quite flawed. In any event, if you are simply taking estrogen (no need for progesterone if you haven't any ovaries) the worry of long term effects is minimized considerably.

That being said, why were you told to reduce your fat to "counteract" the effects of HRT. What effects will that counteract? You don't supppose that health person was attempting to slip in a little low-fat propaganda, do you? Gotta watch 'em all the time :-).

Stay well,

Holly