View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 20:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/127/123 Female 5'5-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Anu,

So sorry for your loss. I sympathize completely; the death of a mother is life-altering for the surviving children. Mine passed away five years ago and not a day goes by when I don't think of her.

I was thinking about your predicament with the lump of butter and work. I, too, used to wonder how to overcome the inability to readily incorporate fats at lunchtime. Ultimately, I bought a small bottle of olive oil and kept it at my desk; I just poured a bit on my food or, if the food was not compatible, I swallowed a spoonful with the meal. Nowadays, it is not so difficult for me because I changed jobs. Plus, this country has become much more sympathetic to low-carbing, so I find that it is not so difficult.

Oh, now that I think of it, I also used to carry flaxseed oil capsules and chew them. They are actually quite tasty. What I mean is that flaxseed oil itself--- as well as ground flaxseed--- is really delicious. The "tastiness" I mention is due to the brand I found, i.e., GNC's brand. Also, some capsules of fish oil supplements can compensate.

Look forward to hearing about your solutions.

whammy