View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-21, 09:23

Plan: Atkins, Dr. Westman
Stats: 267/167/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 82%

Mrs. K......I tried! Hubby and I took our old 7 speed cruisers to get reworked with the intention of starting to ride again for exercise. We neglected to account for our age, lack of balance and my bad knees. We used to ride these bikes about 5 miles a day (20 years ago) and even after that, when we moved I would ride mine to get the mail and to the barn (about a 1/2 mile. For some reason we quit and just got old and out of shape

When I attempted to ride my redone bike, I had trouble getting on, it killed my bad knee and I almost wrecked. I should have gotten one of those 3-wheel or recumbent bikes that was safer for me. We can't afford to break bones in a fall. My husband had his hip replace several years ago and I worry that he might damage it in a fall.

I was comfortable (kind of) using a recumbent bike at rehab, so I investigated and bought a recumbent stepper for home. I have yet to set it up as I am clearing out a space for it in my bedroom, but I hope it will solve my problems. At least I will have a way to exercise in bad weather.

Perhaps another style bicycle would do for me, but I sure can't easily ride my old one anymore.