View Single Post
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Jan-07-21, 11:47

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

Checking back in after a month of holiday spirit, having my son home, and related eating and drinking debauchery.

It was great to have Dylan with us for Christmas, after not seeing him for 5 months since we turned him over to uncle Sam on July 21. As planned, his 17 days with us included some good beer, a mix of foods to include pizza, oysters, steaks, prime rib, tacos, drunken noodles, bread, desserts, etc. I consciously abandoned all low carb discipline and just enjoyed eating and drinking with him during his R & R. We did work out during stay, mostly lifting, and it was great to have a spotter for bench:-)

We dropped him off at the airport for his return on the 3rd, and after finishing a few carby leftovers I have gotten mostly on track since the 4th. The only lingering temptation is a dwindling box of Godiva chocolate, that I am dutifully nibble away at until it is gone.

Based on the pants and mirror test, I do not think I did too much damage, maybe a few pounds. I will not get on the scale for a few weeks, until the mirror tells me I have repaired most of the damage.

Overall, no regrets at all.