View Single Post
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-20, 08:07

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

Week 6 of GLC+50+ (Week 20) in the books, and the scale says.....187.6. Down .6 from the last weigh-in. I am OK with that, although timing I think played a part in it. Guess it is best not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

The 7 days of eating was much better than some, but holiday inconsistencies are making their mark. For instance, a woman whose dog my wife grooms brought over some cookies. They were small cookies...you all can see where this goes. So since they were small cookies, having a few would not be a big deal...maybe one more....heck, only 2 more in the container, might as well finish them. That conversation with myself was over the 5 days the cookies lasted, but the end result is I had a few cookies, and a few more than I wanted to. it is fascinating how one can rationalize a 'small' cookie as being somehow less bad than a large cookie.

I also had a fair amount of ramen noodles for lunch with a healthy dose of a protein and onions. I am a big fan of soup, especially on these colder days, so this is kinda my go to lunch if there is leftover protein in the fridge.

All in, I probably averaged somewhere between 75 and 100 grams of 'bad' carbs a day this past 7. The scale did not show the damage, but I know it will catch up with me.

The workouts went well this past 7, except that I slacked on cardio again, although I did do some good yardwork and a bit of hunting that I count as exercise other than lifting. I am hitting it pretty hard with the weights, working to increase the amount of weight across the range of exercises. The shoulder is still holding together, as is the back under the load of hex dead lifts.

The next 7 days I hope to be a little more disciplined, work out hard, and generally get ready for my holiday break. 10 days and my son comes home for holiday block leave and I get off for the rest of the year. I suspect next week's post will be my last for 2020, then I will go dark for a few as I kick back with the family over the holidays, checking back in probably the 2nd week of January with tales of poor eating choices, fun times, and a number on the scale I am not pleased with but working to address.