View Single Post
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-10, 22:40

Plan: EatRealFood!
Stats: 186/175/157 Female 68 inches
BF:30%/27%/15%
Progress: 38%

happylc, i was a vegetarian throughout my teen and young adult years (but i was the kind that ate tons of pasta and grilled cheese). during my first pregnancy, my doc insisted that i eat meat due to my anemia, so for the sake of my child i did just that. but i also kept eating the carby junk, so i gained over 60 pounds during my pregnancy. what's worse is that i only lost 20 right away. i kept that weight for a year, then decided to try low carb (south beach). i lost all of the weight within a few months, it was like magic! about a year after that i jumped back on the vegetarian/vegan bandwagon which eventually led me to mcdougall and furman...and the rest is history.

earlier this year i went to my doc frustrated that i had gained so much weight. and in spite of my vegan diet and extreme exercise, i was just getting bigger and bigger. my doc told me to 86 the oatmeal/oat bran and eat eggs instead. i was hesitant at first, but in april i decided that i didn't have anything to lose by giving lc another try, so here i am...lc worked for me, but i thought it wasn't good enough so i chased other ways of eating...i should have left well enough alone.

listen to your body...do what works for you...a plant based diet might suit you just fine. there is no one size fits all plan. i just wanted to share what happened to me.

i have my own theories on why lc is no longer working for some people, but i don't want to start any drama, so i'll keep it to myself ;P.

best wishes to you!