#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 17:58

Plan: Dr. Greg Ellis
Stats: 340/318/180 Male 5 feet 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Help is on the way for low carbers in Ireland

Hello,
I trust that I will not be overstepping boundaries with this and if I am I would welcome any steering from the administrators, please.

I know that there is really a lack of a group support site for people living in Ireland who are trying to diet the low carb way. Albeit this site will always be exceptional because one will be able to dialogue with post exchanges with people from all over the world doing Atkin's, etc. and that cannot be supplanted with anything else.

Having said that, there is something unique about Ireland in that unlike the United States and Canada and even the UK, there is not the variety of low carb items, outside of eating meat, cheese, etc. and this is where I believe the melting of Irish minds will be the utmost importance so that collectively, we may learn from each others experiments in the low carb field.

I, myself know what carb addiction is all about and weighing in at 23 stone, I need the support and encouragement as well.

I know that there are bits and bobbs sold here and there but what is needed is a creative group of people who will share their ideas.

One lady mentioned a web site which I thought was an excellent idea.

For myself personally - since the summer - I was in the middle of organizing such a site, not for profit as my business keeps me busy enough without more commerical endeavours, plus the lowcarber site offers many options for purchasing through the web such low carb items, which can be expensive should one try having a go at them, but simply an Irish site to help supplement the low carber website because of the uniqueness of our situation living in Ireland.

If you have ideas regarding this and any interest, I welcome any comments.

A support group in Ireland would work for me and perhaps for many of you as well.

The weight clinic I attend at Loughlinstown hospital is fine enough but they push the high carb diet thing and that's not my thing.

Thanks for your time.

Happy Christmas and God Bless,

Peadar
Sponsored Links