View Single Post
  #39   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 09:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167/141/135
BF:22.5%
Progress: 81%

Hi all--

I've only posted on here once or twice but I have to tell you my Egg fast story because it really worked for me. I had been stuck at 147-149 for months and then suddenly I dropped to 145 and then got stuck there, too (FOREVER). It was super frustrating and I was trying to get past it for an event I had to go to this last weekend. Being stuck at one number for weeks on end is really a low motivator for me and I was on here one day and read about the eggs. I've always had a good appetite (even with the ketosis effects) and so I was always afraid to do the fat fast as eating some nuts and cheese just didn't satisfy me (mentally perhaps?). I like to eat. Anyway, I decided to do the eggs for a couple of days but I also added butter and cream cheese to make them tastier and to keep my calories at about 1400. Not too hard to do if you add the fats to the eggs. Well, I was never hungry at all... I ate a late lunch of my fried eggs with butter and cream cheese and then a dinner of the same. A little high in calories for one sitting those two times a day but it didn't seem to bother my system. The moral of the story is I quickly went from 145 down to 141 as well as lost inches and it stayed... Didn't come back like water weight or anything. I went back to induction foods for a couple of days afterwards and then back to my regular "somewhere between induction and weight-loss mode."

The eggs seem to work. I don't know if they throw us into ketosis quickly (I usually have a hard time getting into it and I don't test for it as a general rule) or what, but it works. I wouldn't do it for more than a few days or if you've really been stalled or you just need some super motivation but it sure worked for me -- MENTALLY & PHYSICALLY.

167/141/135