View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-19, 00:12

Plan: keto <50 net carbs
Stats: 183/163/140 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 47%

I've had "just one bite" before, and while physiologically it doesn't do much harm, psychologically it is maddening. So no.

I'm not going to skip any events, being social is part of a healthy lifestyle and it's not like people push carby food on me or tease me about eating the way I do. I guess the point of my post was not that I have trouble in general saying no to sweets (it's been no problem at all the past 6 weeks), but that this time period specifically has caused me trouble in the past and I feel it coming on again.

What generally works for me is to not allow myself to obsess over the food I want but won't have. I'll see pie or cupcakes, acknowledge their presence, and then move on to think or talk about something else. But that strategy just doesn't seem to be working right now, and from past experiences, 6 weeks in is about when this same thing has happened before.

Wondering if anybody else has been in the same situation, having a seeming predetermined period of success then giving in/giving up for some reason.