Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 18:49
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 142/116/106 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayrat
There is a reason for that Bette. As you probably know, they don't eat the junk along with the rice. Meat is used as a garnish if they can afford it and you don't see it mixed with General Tso sweet sauce. Besides, they have to work their buts off to survive.

Hi Bayrat - in response to your post (No 48 on pg 4),

although i agree that asian people in rural areas need to be physically active to survive, there are many asians in european/american etc countries who still eat rice, and still remain slim.

Also i notice that asian kids at schools enjoy sports LESS than the other kids. i live in new zealand, and i see lots of caucasian/pacific people playing sports, jogging etc, but HARDLY ANY ASIANS doing this

Apart from rice, noodles etc are actually part of many asian people's daily menu - especially now with the convenience of 2-minute noodles, frozen pre-made dumplings and dim sums.

also, i dunno about in america, but the asian people in new zealand eat out a lot at asian restaurants (where they serve mainly high-carb foods), but they're still slimmer overall.
actually around the city/central suburb areas, there are like 2-3 asian restaurants/food places opening every month...and i know many asian people who go to yum cha every few days and eat lots of high-carb foods, but still stay slim

even asian people in cities like shanghai, hongkong, etc. are usually slimmer than caucasian people, and they don't do much exercise at all, and many of them dont have to be physically active to survive

Therefore, i think that your explanation can apply to asian people in rural areas, but it doesn't apply to asian people living in big cities, or asians who have moved to different countries