#51   ^
Old Sun, Jun-28-15, 07:14

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazia

I'm seeing SO many younger girls now of very large size, where would they turn to make a significant change? It's not coming from doctors for the most part, or schools; and WW clearly isn't viable anymore. I've just started noticing this much more, but maybe since it's more prevalent the girls aren't as ashamed as I was, fat girls really stuck out among all the thin ones it seems when I was growing up.

Good questions, pazia. I guess they are told to eat less and exercise more. Or put on diet pills that are not sustainable long term and make them feel like crap.

It was very unusual to see a fat teenager back in olden times when I and my peers all worshipped Twiggy. I am NOT saying that was healthy, but there has to be a healthy medium between emotionally damaging fat-shaming and physically damaging fat-indifference.

In Gotham, obesity is still unusual in all age ranges but as soon as I get a few miles outside I always seem to be walking behind teenage girls with multiple spare tires and a$$es the size of Iowa. There is something about their manner (loud voices, making a bit of a spectacle of themselves) that appears to state they accept themselves and the world better accept them too - or else! I don't know if that's self-esteem or bravado, I just hope they haven't completely given up on wanting physical health to go along with it.