View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 12:44

Plan: South/Atkins/Ornish/etc.
Stats: 275/260/190 Male 5'10"
BF:lbs&in. first, ok?
Progress: 18%

There's still some discussion about that. It comes down to whether what we're doing here counts as republishing from a copyrighted source. At the highest level we want to make this experience as fun as possible, without getting the forum moderators in any sort of liability trouble.

There are published authors on the board, at least one that I know of for sure, and there may be some clarification of the issue. For my own opinion, I believe that since this is a non-profit-making forum, which could be called private since we have to go through a sign-up process, it falls under the same general philosophy that showing a store-bought video to a large group of friends would; a private showing not for pay. However the legitimate copyright holder might have a different slant on it.

For now, until we get it all straightened out, I think if you get a nifty recipe from a source in print, and don't have public redistribution permission from the author, it's safest to assume that you shouldn't post it. That's a good general rule of thumb across the whole forum, not just in the RoM section.