View Single Post
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 07:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

My sincere apologies, Robert... I wasn't for one moment meaning to imply you'd said anything of the kind. Likewise, I was largely referring to the earlier post...

As you say, Splenda is readily available for those who wish to buy it. Even better that you find saccharine works for you... I hope you feel duly smug whilst others scrabble for alternatives!

Its the hypocrisy which gets me I guess. That and the frequent decision to ban natural products on the basis of alleged contra-indications without applying the same yardstick to chemical ones.

As for stevia... I'm learning not to waste my energy on that topic here. But it's not like folk on this forum aren't well practised at fighting through the nonsensical assertions of the "authorities" to get to the truth...

The origin of this thread was about persuading the supermarkets to stock more low carbohydrate products. Something I was happy to support. Seems to have turned in to an obsession about sugar substitutes instead... which, personally, I think is a shame.