View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-27-02, 21:03

Plan: Atkins since sept 22/02
Stats: 205/165/150 Female 5'8
BF:32/28/22
Progress: 73%
Unhappy not losing

Hi Alisha, I have stayed at the same weight now for about 5 weeks. It is very frustrating, isn't it. I got off to a very good fast start but now nothing.

Today when I logged on I actually got the whoosh fairy 3 times in a row!!! That's a first for me. She is usually very shy. Hope it's a good sign.

What's hard to fathom is not losing when I am eating a tiny fraction of the carbs I used to eat. Also I'm eating mostly fresh food, no bars etc. I'm on a low dose estrogen but still feel I should be losing something. Also, I lost several inches but nothing for weeks.

I've toyed with the idea of trying a thermogenic product but am afraid to since I am sensitive to caffine. If I have too much coffee my heart palpitates. I know most of those products are not regulated so I'm not confident about what's in them.

There is a thread about Xenadrine efx. The ingredients listed on the web site are all things that Dr. Atkins approves off. But what if there are things not listed??

Every day I remind myself that at least I haven't gained back what I lost. Also, my digestion has improved dramatically. I no longer need any fiber supplements etc. Never have heartburn or constipation anymore, used to have both all the time.

So I guess we need to hang in there. One of my customers came in last week. He has lost alot of weight on low carb. He mentioned that he stalled out all summer, but all of a sudden he started to lose again. He looks wonderfull and he's down about
50 lbs. So, love, where there's life, there's hope!!!

See ya soon, Nancy