View Single Post
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Mar-16-15, 12:43

Plan: semi-low carb
Stats: 228/220/175 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi everybody, I am new to this board, but boy could I use some support and help. I am one of those type of people that does not do well when something is taken away from them, even if it is good for them. Back in 2001, I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. It scared me so much, I went on a strict low calorie diet and in 6 months lost 37 lbs and was in the non-diabetic range. Then the holidays came and my thyroid decided it no longer wanted to work. Long story short, weight went back up a little and I wasn't so scared. A few years later I tried low carb and lost more weight and was able to go off Actos. I actually liked it, but missed, white bread, potatoes etc. so I stopped. Forward to today and my A1c is slowly creeping up and the dr. put me on another pill. I am again trying lower carb and am finding it more difficult than ever. Granted I am trying to stay under 100 g of carbs and to others that may seem a lot, but Every carby thing I eat freaks me out but doesn't stop me. Funny thing is, I really like the food I am making. The sticking point is the special stuff I need to buy to make some of the goodies, and I don't know if I will like it. Thanks for letting me vent, I know I just need to grow up ( I'm 59) and do what is right. I just want it all. LOL