Thread: Singapore
View Single Post
  #158   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 07:51

Plan: Atkins,PP
Stats: 202/147/120
BF:
Progress: 67%

i used to think i shld turn to low-carb bars and aspartame....

btw, personally i dun like those protein whey bars....they taste quite weird to me.

of all things low carb, i am still sticking long n long to the occasional lemon coke light, zantrex 7 (going to revert back to xenadrine), meats, butter, cheese... but of course i admit that i still take some carbs like bee hoon, potatoes, corn starch, sweetened drinks and recently a little bit of yucky mooncake.. moderately.

actually it isnt a bad sign to get tired of eating chicken. dont you think your appetite becomes quite small whenever u think of chicken anytime? haha a good way to suppress appetite.

anyway time to review genghis khan....i went there for dinner yday and so happened today is teacher's day. even my taxi driver forgot abt the holiday because we wondered why we were caught in the jam.

out of 10, i give in general (place, food, svc) 6.5/10.

when i stepped in, there was this strong sea aroma (yaya i know they serve seafood) in the restaurant...felt weird. actually svc not much lah...a lot of self svc except when they clear ur plates. but the place seems to be like a war torn area where everyone so kiasu snatching for food...imagine those kind of food rationing scenes...woahh in no time.. less than 5 minutes the jap chef has to dish out new plates of salmon sashimi.... this is esp esp popular among the other 3 sashimi (got tuna)... hahaha the restaurant must have purposely given us a small tong that so we cant hold much fish slices at one go...think much faster if i use my hands.

it's quite bustling, you'll find urself eating in a stressful environment. other than pple peeping from the window panes, you will have to jostle with those quickie aunties and uncles along the cram displays...but as the crowd ate their fill.. you see lesser people going for the dishes...my mom thought the restaurant was going to call it a day early becoz they stopped dishing out salmon sashimi after some time. but this was due to lessening of crowds...scared not fresh ah.

variety of dishes - frankly speaking i was only interested in a few foods..salmon sashimi, grilled unagi (best!), tempura/ebi prawn....i didnt touch some seafoods such as mussels, crayfish, crabs, scallops, prawns, lobster (no chance becoz no one refilled the empty tray..haha)..i tried some cooked dishes...in fact they didnt taste that appetising...i went back to my salmon sashimi. they have abalone but heard feedback that it tasted vegetarian and super sweet. ????

oh manz you'll never try beef worse than this place........it doesnt taste like beef . and usually i dun get defeated by mutton, this time i kena. the smell of it was quite strong ...though nice...i got a bit erggh! after some bites. i think i was quite disappointed with the grilled meats section.

my dad also said the roast duck meat isnt nice... my mom likes the sharkfins soup though...but she tot it could have been laden with more MSGs....my bro tried chawanmushi.......none of us touched the sushi corner. why eat more rice when u can have just the fish alone? hahaha

drinks not bad lah, got a few choices to choose from. but definitely not lowcarb (softdrinks, iced tea, lemonade, peach tea, apple juice, orange juice). cakes quite sucky.....for the first time i actually didnt want to chew the cake anymore and spit it out. i didnt try the jelly, puddings, fruits. does anyone remember the green popsicle ice-cream taste? i cant believe that it actually existed as in a tub...no wonder it was soo soft when i scooped a green ball out...i tot it was mint. argh i still prefer it on the popsicle.

i'll post again when i remember more stuffs from this restaurant.

but in all, judging from how stressful the place is, and that i only love salmon sashimi...plus this rest's foods are not that good at all.....and not cheap ($44 per person with taxes!!). i'll go back to plaza hotel...i only pay abt $30 with taxes...more peaceful environment, not much kiasuism and no peeping fr window panes, higher food quality, and i can have all the salmon i want. hahaha