View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-20-05, 21:01

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 402/299/200 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 51%
Post Get moving ... NOW!

I've felt that the online journal has been helping me so far in sticking to the program and resisting temptation. So, I guess the next step is the online tracker for my exercise. I've been including some blurbs here and there when I'd remember to squeeze in some kind of exercise, but I haven't been sticking to my goal of walking at least 5 times a week.

Now, I don't do any power-walking or anything. At my "fast" pace, it'll still take me twice as long as my skinny friends (who walk pretty darn fast now that it's COLD!) But I still feel that ANY exercise I do is better than NO exercise!

I had a doctor one time kinda make a face when I told him I was walking 4 times a week. He told me that to lose weight, I had to do some kind of aerobic activity, really getting the heart pumping. At the time, I was over 350#... how much did he want me to do? At my size, just taking a leisurely walk gets my heart pumping!

Anyway, I think that for now, it's best for me to take it slowly and build my way up to fitness with a routine that I'll stick with.
Sponsored Links