#80   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-19, 17:45

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
This is an excellent observation and important point regarding people and the information to which they have access and interest. We do get into the weeds on this forum, and unlike most, we often fail to realize the initial surprise when one first understands the changes required to achieve health through healthy eating.

I ran into my daughter-in-law (former DIL really but she is still like family) at the food coop yesterday. She is quite overweight. She told me that she was eating really healthily and was not eating very many carbs at all, but in her cart were some bananas and her plan was to make spaghetti and meat balls that night for dinner. I know enough not to get into it with her. She is a very smart person and could discover and understand all the info that we all use on her own if she wanted to but it surprised me, bananas and pasta are not on any low carb list I know of. I am pretty sure that what she meant by eating healthily was cutting out sugar and processed foods. If that is the case that is good but I do wish she would go even further into low carb eating.