#72   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-08, 21:25

Plan: Meat, Veggies, Nuts
Stats: 181/185/130 Female 61.5
BF:Falling Fluff
Progress: -8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeel
Hello everyone: I am fascinated by this thread as we do a lot of tent camping, and now that I'm 60 I think ahead to the possiblity of having an actual roof over our heads in downpours.

In some ways it doesn't make a lot of sense for us, as we have a home in North Carolina and a cabin in New Hampshire. And many years ago, I had a cabover camper which we almost never used.....except when we had company and we'd sleep in the camper in the driveway and let the guests stay in the house. We took it to several campgrounds in California ( Yosemite and King's Canyon) but always ended up sleeping outside in a tent and cooking over the fire. The porta potty was a fine feature, however! And the camper really came in handy once during a monsoon on a beach in Ensenada, Mexico.

Still. I tend to gravitate towards the idea of RV traveling once my husband retires. You folks keep posting, and I will keep listening....

Kay

Kay, I have missed you, and its because I loved reading your journal, it was like a book I asked a few old friends of your if you were ok, and I haven't heard. But I am so HAPPY to see you are still around But you don't have a Journal,, do You?
My Son is still in NC and Happy as ever.
Well I am so happy to see you