View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 11:33

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there Alex! Welcome to the forum Sounds like your psyched and ready to go

Yes, you're correct, this is a LC site and most of us doing BFL are doing a Lower carb version that Bill has designed with BFL as written. His program tends to work out to 40/40/20 (P/C/F). But of course everyone is welcome

I can't help you much with your food question - did you find the recipes on a BLF recipe page? If so, I'd say they were pretty OK then. There's a sticky thread in this SubForum I wrote last month with information on how to do BFL with a LC slant, at the end of the post you'll find some links to BFL sites - some of them might be of interest to you (specifically Lean & Strong). I suggest checking it out.

I'd suggest as far as other exercise goes to be careful with cardio - the recommended 20minutes of HIIT is all you need. The urge to do more will often result in the weight lifting suffering and consequently your muscle growth sufferring. Also, please keep in mind that you should never work your muscles when they are sore - this might give you some problems in the beginning - you're going to be sore the first week!

As for the Myoplex, never used it. I'm into my second challenge now and I've used 3 or 4 different kinds of shake mixes - whatever's on special I think you'll do just fine with the carbs solutions.

Best of luck, and please keep us posted!
Nat