View Single Post
  #58   ^
Old Sat, Apr-11-20, 08:11

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

We seem, in our family, to have developed a regular routine with the online ordering approach for groceries and have been fortunate to choose among many low carb whole food options. We use Harris Teeter for a weekly grocery order ordering online one week in advance for express pickup, as they have a store about 2 miles from the house. That is very dependable, but I have to be aware that when the day comes for our "personal shopper" to pick our order, not everything is in stock. I order one week in advance, as that's the soonest I can get a pickup window given the current circumstances.

I also do the same at Wegmans where I can get an order window a few days in advance, so I wait to see what I get out of HT and fill in with Wegmans. I also have gotten a few Whole Foods deliveries through Amazon Prime, and I have always been able to get a same-day delivery if I refresh the screen every 30 minutes or so. As mentioned previously, they will display the message "No delivery windows are currently available. We will be making new windows available throughout the day." This Sunday, I have a pickup window at Wegmans.

This seems to be working and minimizes my out-of-the-house forays, as Virginia is in lock down until early June. I'll continue to make my protein runs to Costco, and I get there for senior hours during a mid-week morning, which is the most convenient time in our neck of the woods. Don't forget that many of the online grocery options include senior discounts or discount codes. Take advantage of those.

We've got a good variety of meat and fish in our freezer to last us for now, and we're taking advantage of the spring weather to grill most of our meals outdoors. My best to all in the midst of this epidemic, as the ideas shared and thoughts expressed here keep things real among people who share a similar journey of achieving health through thoughtful and informed food choices. While I'm aware we're all living in challenging times, being able to visit this forum helps with discovering new ideas and maintaining a sense of humor, which is as important as our food choices given the situation.