View Single Post
  #56   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 16:34

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 317/309/160 Female 5 FT. 9 IN.
BF:
Progress: 5%

While I see that no one has posted here for awhile, I figured I would introduce myself anyhow. I'm 53, post menapausal. I've always been a yo-yo dieter, which I know messed up my metabolisim. I tried low-carb years ago, with no success. I seem to be more calorie sensitive, and always have had success with reducing calories...but ristricting calories was not sucessful for me in the long term, because I would soon grow tired of not eating and give up...always gaining more weight. After a total hysterectomy it seems nearly imposible to lose weight. I went back to low carb for a year.... lost 5 lbs and gained 10 when I got discouraged. Almost gave up. Then I hit upon a plan that I feel I will be able to live with the rest of my life. I'm doing a combination of lower carb and protion restriction. Notice I did not say calorie restriction. I don't count calories at all... I simply try to control the portions of what ever I do eat. Notice I also didn't say low carb... I do lower carb where my carb intake in about 40 to 60 carbs a day, but on occasion it my go higher. So far I'm doing well. I fell great and can eat most anything which will keep me on this WOE. That's been a major downfall for me in the past...I would start to crave foods. Not just foods full of carbs, but just food in general. I found that for me... to deny myself something for long periods of time, just cause me to crave it more. Anyhow, I'm still a turtle for sure, but at least I am seeing results which means that my head is not in my shell...right? LOL!

I've rambled on long enough. Just felt like sharing. Good luck everyone!