View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-21, 06:27

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors, 2% Or Less Of: Potato Protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast Extract, Cultured Dextrose, Food Starch Modified, Soy Leghemoglobin, Salt, Mixed Tocopherols (Antioxidant), Soy Protein Isolate, Vitamins and Minerals (Zinc Gluconate, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12).

I've italicized the stuff that would kill my digestive system (I react to soy like someone getting poisoned on Game of Thrones) and trigger a tortuous bout of my autoimmune disease (which would eventually end in a death like that of a Japanese movie monster who isn't in the Godzilla series. Those get weird.)

The scary part, and I mean this in utter seriousness, is that I didn't used to react this way.

I was reading the work of Wheatbelly doctor William Davis for a year or so when the juxtaposition of snug pants and a low carb wrap with gluten in it made me realize I might have a problem with gluten. My reaction was a painless, but marked, swollen abdomen. What I used to think was caused by a big meal turned out to be a gluten reaction.

After carefully abstaining from gluten for weeks, I not only lost some facial swelling and weight, I discovered that if I was accidentally glutened (I never ate it on purpose again) I would have the most horrible stomach pains. Which only underlined how bad it must be, for me.

It took a serious issue with stress and emergency eating, triggering my autoimmune disease, for me to figure out my next challenge. I was actually cross-reactive with corn gluten, which did not warn me with stomach upset at that time. Following the Wahls autoimmune protocol resulted in my discovery that lectins were serious toxins for me.

Soy is loaded with them.

My point is that so much in our food supply could be slowly killing us without anyone being the wiser. Who doesn't get headaches more days than not? Who doesn't get stomach upset and shrug it off with OTC meds instead of wondering about food allergies? Who doesn't try to "eat healthy" with whole grains, beans, fake meat and soy cheese?

I'm thinking... quite possibly, lots and lots.