View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 08:28
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Plan: Atkinsmyway/Carb Cycling
Stats: 185/135/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 100%

Quinadal - if you use the 10x rule (which is kind of what I have been doing for the carb up) you would be at about 2700 cals on carb up days and 2200 or so on carb down days. Most important (I think, I'm just figuring this out too!) is to keep the carbs way down on carb down.

At 2200 and 2700 calories you should be OK. As always, YMMV. I do know that the calorie figures I'm using for me are WAY too low for you.

Bawdy Wench: Typical Day:

Carb Up:
BF: Quiche, 1/2 grapefruit or bacon, eggs and fruit
L: Hamburger (no bun of course), or veal burger, peanut butter and celery sticks, 1/4 of an apple dipped in peanut butter
S: Protein shake made with 1/2 peach, or cottage cheese mixed with strawberries, or kefir mixed with fruit
D: Steak, big Caesar Salad, dry red wine, 1 square of dark Lindt chocolate
or two chicken thighs, pile of green beans, mixed salad, perhaps cantaloupe

Carb Down:
BF: Quiche
L: Hamburger or veal burger
S: Protein shake
D: Steak, big Caesar (sometimes wine here too, but I take it easy with the wine on carb down)
or a couple of chicken thighs and a mixed salad
or baked cod and a spinach salad
or pot roast and a Caesar

You can see the menus are very similar, just with the addition of fruit and higher carb dairy products on the carb up days. On the carb up days I also allow myself a higher carb salad dressing and some nuts.

BTW: I was planning for yesterday to be a carb up day, but didn't get the carbs up very good, ended up probably around 25 carbs or so, not really high enough to be carb up, but dropped almost TWO POUNDS overnight. Woo Hoo! Because of that I'm going to stay on the carb down for at least today, will decide in the morning whether to go back to carb up.

You can always watch on my signature line to see what's going on. I'm going to change it now to reflect my new stats.

I've been wondering lately if I need to stay on carb up for a whole week, I'm wondering if I couldn't do carb up for 2-3 days, then back to Induction levels for a week or so, I'm planning to try this next.