#14   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-20, 07:56

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
Touring my local Supermarkets this week in search of Italian sausage, I found new sections of fake meat and many more selections of turkey sausage. Looks like 2020 is the year for Supermarkets to double down by providing increased shelf space for Almost Meat and turkey versions of sausage. Fortunately, I located the sausage I was seeking at one store. Could no longer find Italian sausage at Harris Teeter. If this is a trend, I'm not a happy camper.

Companies PAY for that shelf space. And what they WANT to sell me is chicken sausage which tastes like dirt, sausage from big companies with soy and gluten protein bulking out the meat, and overpriced stuff that's been injected with a "flavoring solution" of up to 20%.

I get Nathan's hot dogs for DH, which still taste like they used to, and a Portuguese sausage company from NYC which makes traditional selections we like with eggs.

I can get ground pork from humanely raised hogs and grassfed ground beef from Aldis, and that's something I make a lot. Otherwise, I buy more of our meat at the health food store. I love it, it's local and humane, but pricey. However, I just juggle the budget as best I can, because those big companies are putting something in there my body does not like.

And charging me meat prices for what gets swept off the granary floor, apparently.