View Single Post
  #124   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-08, 18:09
Registered Member

Plan: Paleolithic
Stats: 240/137/130 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

Ok, I've been experimenting lately for my daughters up and coming birthday (I'm going to make a gf/healthier cake for her b-day) and I made this pumpkin cake today-Oh my, heaven!

3 extra large organic free-range eggs
1 cup organic light brown sugar, 3/4 cup agave nectar (you could play with artificial sweetener here, but baking for kids I went for it)
1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
1 15-oz can cooked pumpkin (or two cups of fresh cooked pumpkin)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup almond flour, 1 cup sorghum flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 10 x 13" baking pan with greased foil or parchment.

Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl till light and frothy; add the brown sugar, beat till smooth; add the oil, pumpkin, and vanilla; beat to combine.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (the GF flour mix through sea salt). Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture a little at a time and beat to combine- for two minutes.

Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 minutes, or until the cake is firm and a wooden pick inserted into the center emerges clean.

I frosted with a vanilla spice frosting that most definitely was not paleo, but was oh so good and this is for a bday party of little girls after all
Overall much healthier than aything they would get in a grocery store and best of all gluten free (for the gluten sensitive one sitting here)
My house smells divine
I got the idea from karina's kitchen, and modified from there
Becky