#13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-19, 14:37

Plan: Higher P/Moderate F + C
Stats: 152/146.6/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
To my mind this is not a study. It is instead a clever statistical manipulation of unreliable data to reach a result that confirms already present biases. These results are then turned into a headline to get people to do what they have already been told to do and which we already know does not work to enhance the health of many if not most people who follow this advice.

It definitely feeds into what's all over the news right now, with dietary recommendations going more towards plant based. I admit I've completely fallen for it too, and would have continued embracing that style of eating except I've started having a harder time maintaining my weight and then the bloated stomach was driving me nuts-no discomfort but I'm vain and just hated how it looked One week lower carb (not even super low carb, averaging 60ish net carbs a day), and the bloat is pretty much gone. I've also lost a few pounds as well. No PMS issues this month either, which is really unusual. Soooo, maybe main-stream media reports really are 'fake news'