#3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-19, 12:27

Plan: Higher P/Moderate F + C
Stats: 152/146.6/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Health data-- this is a world study and not useful in that it is a world summary. Some areas of the world are still improving their diets as in getting enough; some have completely adopted the SAD; and in the US many have moved to vegan and are experiencing health problems adding to poor health as much as SAD.

Salt--that is a big subject.

Whole plant diet is still good-- keep eating real whole foods. I do. Just add in REAL meats and real fats. I have moved away from vegetable oils, decreased AS, increased water in stead of sugar free drinks.....

What are you changing? Can you be more specific?? (Are you including bacon and nitrate /BHA meats?? Yummy but has risks for cancer. )

Changes I've made so far:
-from 4-5 servings of whole grains a day, down to 0-2
-from 3-4 servings a day of fruit, down to 0-1
-from 1 serving a day of beans, down to 0
-from having root veggies 2-3 times a week, down to 0
-from fat free dairy, to full fat for the most part (as I use up what I have in the house)
-from 1 serving of red meat a week, up to 1 serving almost every day
-from 1-2 servings a week of chicken, up to a serving every day
-from 0 eggs to 1-2 every day
-started using olive oil 1-2 times a week, from 0. I don't really use any other liquid oils

Those are the main changes I've made in the past week. Even with a plant focused diet I did eat bacon a few times a week and continue to do so, but for me that means 1-2 slices per time, since I just use it as a flavoring for dishes/salads etc. I can work on cutting this out, but it's so darn tasty and I can get it for $2lb

I also have used artificial sweeteners ever since I started my active weight loss phase, 7ish years ago, and continue to use 1pkt of splenda per cup of coffee and then I do drink diet soda, but have cut this back to 2 cans a day/have added more water, since last week. I have a goal to get this down to 1 can a day and then completely eliminate it this year. I've just started drinking LaCroix a few times a week, which is a good substitute for the carbonation!

eta: thinking about it some more, I've also cut out all 'white' grains since I started lower carb, which is another 1-2 servings a day of grains that I've removed. And I went from 1-2 servings a week of seeds/0-1 servings a week of nuts, up to a serving of one of them every day, (either sunflower seeds or pistachios).