View Single Post
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-23, 04:49

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Two more success stories with menopausal women have been added to the Optimising Nutrition blog.

From Hopelessness to Health – How Monica Transformed Her Life Beyond the Scale!

https://optimisingnutrition.com/monicas-story/

Monica's Big Why:

Quote:
The Why Behind My Transformation

I have been food-conscious since my youngest child began having severe food allergies when he was just a baby. He was regularly hospitalised for it. Some major life events and a lot of stress pushed me to gain excess weight over the years and develop several chronic diseases; severe endometriosis, IBS, Asthma, RLS resulting in a sleep disorder, CFS, and Fibromyalgia. Finally, in 2017 I was diagnosed with Traumatic Brain Injury and a brain disease and lost my job of 20 years. On top of that came a metabolic dysfunction.

A couple of months before I started my first DDF, I tore my meniscus, and just before Christmas, I was in a car accident. Both took away my mobility for several months resulting in even more weight gain.

I became fed up with being out of shape, overweight, gaining so much body fat, and feeling unhappy with my body. My blood tests indicated I was approaching prediabetes. My doctor discussed putting me on medications to manage my blood glucose, which I detest.

I felt hopeless.

Monica posts beautiful photos of her meals, and in a few short months has found nutrient dense, high satiety meals, she shares in this post, leading to some stunning health improvements.