View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-19, 09:10

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Bob, thanks for posting this! I'll be vacationing with some vegetarians in the not too distant future and I'll keep this one tucked under my hat in case I need it. Personally, I avoid any topic with the vegetarians that could be controversial but I do feel their disdainful looks, and they certainly feel very free to express their opinions to their carnivorous siblings who'll also be there.

The older I get, the more I think it makes sense to question everything the media want us to believe. I believe the majority of journalists are well-intentioned parrots and just doing what parrots do, i.e. repeating what their friendly sources feed them. Others in the media and government, I suspect, are more diabolical and simply seeking more power for themselves.

When I first started evangelizing for low carb and pointing out what I believed to be faulty messages in the media, my kids joked that I was a walking talking SpongeBob Opposite day for low carb. Lately it feels like my whole worldview is turning into Opposite Day!