View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-19, 09:49

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Great find Bob!!!

NO ONE talks about the methane from fertilizer production--certainly, not an production I have ever heard of before. More reason to find other methods of fertilizing than petroleum based sources, which I assume is the bases of the ammonia production mentioned.

Followed the utube postings of a man promoting the benefits of grazing to the native grasses; the land became MORE productive as the grasses didnt die off at maturity anymore, rather the close cropping kept the grasses growing. Showing how a large track that is grazed section by section is very productive. This is the natural food web of the grasslands.

Also, Grass fed beef can be a method of carbon capture too. THe grasses pull in the carbon, reducing the atmospheric levels, and gets held in the grass, or if eaten by cattle, in the meats. Until eaten, then we pick up that carbon.

We need to protect the grasslands from development. Once they are gone to growing houses, it cannot be reclaimed. I have seen too many dairy cattle fields turn into houses.