#76   ^
Old Fri, Mar-13-09, 22:32

Plan: life without bread
Stats: 150/130/130 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmikee
The WAPF article I just read said that cod liver oil didn't have much K2. Weston A. Price combined cod liver oil with high K2 butter oil, so that suggests to me that Cannell was right, at least as far as to say modern cod liver oil should not be taken on its own.

I used to participate in the nutrition forums at mothering.com and there are lots of WAPFers there. Cod liver oil would come up a lot. Anyway, one of the things that got brought up was that Weston Price himself advised strongly against taking cod liver oil without the high K2 butter oil. He said it would start to actually cause ill health if taken without the high K2 butter oil. I think he wrote about it in some of his correspondence (he wrote letters to his nieces and nephews).

Ah, I just googled a bit and found this: http://www.ppnf.org/catalog/ppnf/Ar...PriceLetter.htm doesn't mention the butter oil, but does touch on toxicity of CLO all by itself

Quote:
Cod-liver oil can be given in moderate doses without injury and to great advantage. Seldom, however, should a child be given more than a teaspoonful a day for extended periods, because of toxic effects that often develop.
Sponsored Links