Old Tue, Sep-15-20, 10:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins NDR (2002)
Stats: 270.2/236/165 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
. Tell that to all the people who add butter and coconut oil to their coffee daily and then wonder why they are not losing weight. Since the rise of Internet, reduce carbs has become add fat.

Surely there has to be some middle-ground there though. Adding a good fat to a morning coffee, is one of the suggestions I've seen bandied around in various places, as a way to up one's fats if one isn't naturally inclined to wanting to include it in the rest of their food intake (I for one find it kinda gross and unnecessary to fry foods in oil, when they can be grilled. I hate fat on meat and find heavy cream very sickly). But I want to make sure I'm ingesting enough fat in my daily menus. Adding coconut oil to my (otherwise black) coffee and blitzing until it's frothy has been a nice, palatable way of getting more fat in my diet. I'd hate to think that I was consuming way too much fat because of that??

You've got me worried now. I wish there wasn't so much conflicting "information" out there, making it harder for us to do right, when we're doing all we can to try and ensure we're following the rules.