Old Tue, Jun-03-14, 07:25
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisMama
Thanks, Judy, I'm an intuitive cook so that's enough for me to go on...

Sunny, I make a HUGE batch of this, and freeze. I use a big bag of baby bok choy (no idea the weight of it, it's from the Asian grocery and sold in a bag), and usually half a small red cabbage, then onions (scallions if I have them, regular onions if not) and 2 pounds of ground beef. Grate lots of ginger and garlic into it too, and season. If I have any greens on hand that need to be used up I throw those in too (spinach, kale, radish leaves, etc) I then portion it out into 8 servings and freeze many of the portions (the ones I won't eat in the next couple of days).

When I first started making it I kept it in one giant tub but I would serve myself seconds... and huge portions, and all those cabbage carbs add up after a while. Now I find that one portion is fine to "satisfy" me - I'd still eat more than that if I was eating from a big container.

I have this for lunch usually 4-5 times a week, or maybe a quick dinner if my DH is working late or traveling... It's my "fast food". I also make ahead and freeze low carb/paleo meatballs, but with those I need to forage for veggies to go with it so they are not quite as easy.

Ahhh, you cook like I do.
That's a great idea to store it in small containers. I was using the 3 cup containers for freezing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny
I totally "get" the name now....and I will definately double the recipe and freeze as suggested. And YES PORTION CONTROL....oyyyyy! I made the mistake of tasting it first when I was plating it. And so easy! This will DEFINATELY be a staple in my home now! I will be spending time in the "Quick Meals and Snacks" section and look for those meatballs

Yup! I hear ya on the portion control aspect of this very tasty dish.