View Single Post
  #50   ^
Old Sun, Jul-26-20, 07:48

Plan: Atkins DANDR/ Candida
Stats: 300/195.2/172 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 82%

I am about 30 pounds from goal but am LOVING this thread because I want to be prepared both mentally and physically for maintenance.

I love Barbara Loots description as "relentless". Yes our sleeping dragon is there all the time! It will always be there so getting to goal doesn't mean I get to eat "Normally" again -- cuz normally will get me 20 pounds fast! I am continually amazed at the number of folks who do all the work to lose but don't get that part.

Glenda -- I definitely identify with the child thing of what can I get away with? I have had those moments of thinking well maybe in maintenance I can have this, or have that glass of wine with dinner. But the closer I get the more I realize that maybe I can have a glass of wine at Christmas dinner or a New Years toast, but it is not going to be a regular thing. Just can't because I am going to need to be an abstainer in a lot of things too. Question for you...how do you keep your Calcium intake at sufficient levels with the severe dairy restrictions. I am in the same boat on dairy so I need to figure this out. I do weight lift and walk so the exercise side is fine but was wondering if I need a Calcium supplement

Seeing the challenges and encouragement from those of you in maintenance is such a Godsend as I approach my goal. Thank you all for your insight and suggestions!