#9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-06-20, 12:06

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 247/242/200 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulder
"I have fallen off the wagon and been kicked by the horses more times than I can remember now.

I struggle every time to get back on and have now named the first week of low carb as the 'grieving week.' I'm grieving for the carbs and junk food I can't eat, even though I know they really aren't good for me."

"So yes, i feel your pain and sadness. I'm trying to accept that carbs are poison to me and I should avoid them forever but it's hard. Wishing you luck." X

Exactly so, there is definitely a grieving process, and the carb addiction is a very real emotional/physical thing. And it seems to be progressive, just like alchoholism etc. I've found myself binging despite poor health and even though it doesn't really give me that nice relaxed feeling anymore.....there is a letting go involved here and somehow a lot of sadness.......I find that it really doesn't 'work' anymore, eating starchy stuff, and yet I have still struggled with it. It's the MEMORY of it making you feel good, and the habit of it, and then the cravings come if you eat stuff like bread etc......