#5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-14-20, 12:13

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaward4
you are right!! i want to avoid further weight gain, lose what i have gained and get thinner than my lowest weight. i have just planned all of my dinners for the week and now am working on lunch and snacks. when i get home from work i will be running to the store to grab extra veggies. going to put the work into it.

So there you described what you want to do, but WHY do you want to lose weight? Is it to look better...why is this important to you (not to some else looking at you)? Is it for your health....what do you want better health to do for you (live to see grandkids, be able to travel and explore without limits, give you more energy to do the things you enjoy)?

For me, atleast, it needs to be for more than the numbers. When I was approaching 230, I set a goal to get in shape, drop the weight and climb MT Rainier with my son. That 'WHY' kept me on track, and allowed me to share an incredible experience with my son. Afterwards I got lax, and started to gain the weight back, so I signed up for a GoRuck event and worked hard to prepare, and recently completed it. Again, my 'WHY' was not really the event itself, but to continue to set an example for my son, even though he is in basic training at the moment...if I can still do hard shit I can push him, even from afar. (And it was also to prove to myself I can still do hard shit:-)

Another strong 'WHY' for me is that I do not want to look like the average middle age man, overweight with a gut. I just don't see myself as being that guy, and my wife does not want me to be that guy (at almost 230 I was that guy in late 2017).

Finally, my 'WHY' is that I want to be able to do a few more adventures with my son, and travel and ride horses with my wife, in the years to come, and it is getting too darn hard to get back to a good weight and get in shape as I get older, so I want to finish this recent push and stay where I need to be.

I hope this helps.