#21   ^
Old Mon, Jan-10-11, 11:41

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requin
Rung 5 means little to me- I have at most two drinks a month, so little loss to me. I'm not sure if you misunderstood me- I'm not looking to add all kinds of nuts, all kinds of berries, or other soft cheeses/dairy. Just specifically, the raspberies, almonds, and yogurt. It is the lack of variety (and of things that are actually healthy) that is just killing me. And to think I'll have to wait 5 weeks before nuts? 7 weeks before berries? I have serious doubts I can last that long. Give me raspberries, yogurt, and almonds, and I can ignore every other food in every other wrung besides the veggie wrung- happily.
You could let your impatience win and add them all at once but this would mean if any of them affect your body adversely or you are exceeding your CCLL by adding 15 net carbs in one fell swoop you will then have to take a couple of steps back and eliminate two to see if the first is the culprit then swap out one of the others, which will take just as long as climbing the OWL rungs in the 'normal' way!

I would suggest starting with adding one of those 3 specific foods the first week after induction.

I would do this in the order Dr Atkins suggested with the ones less likely to upset your progress first.

So the first week try adding 5 net carbs of yogurt (the Fage fullfat one has about 5 carbs per cup/200gram) every other day, with 5 net carbs of induction veggies the days you don't have yogurt.

If all is well and you get no blood sugar symptoms and lose weight/inches then the next week have the yogurt each day.

Then add almonds, again every other day initially, (remembering that Dr Atkins told us to add most nuts in 1 ounce additions, not the whole 5 net carbs, and cashews in 1/2 ounce amounts) and see if they cause no problems.

Then move to adding 5 net grams of raspberries and see how you do with blood sugar symptoms and weight/inches loss.

Quote:
Right- but if I stayed at the rung I found my CCM on, then I wouldn't be able to ever eat parsnips or potato as they're from a higher rung.
Once you have found your CCLL/CCLM then swap out 5 net carbs of one of the additions with the higher rung food you want to try, initially every other day, then every day for a week.
This way you will be gradually discovering a 'pallette' of higher rung foods you know do not badly affect you that can be included from time to time in your menus