#2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-10, 07:33

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Bumping..

Thanks so much Lisa for posting this!

So I had come to the conclusion that I only loose weight following VLC...once I start adding carbs my cravings come back, the scale doesn't budge, and next thing you know I'm off plan entirely. Yet I physically don't feel too great on VLC after a few weeks.

Vitamin supplementation HAS helped..along with exercise..however after lurking on some very interesting and informative threads & reading some very wise posts from our LC veterans..I've realized (begrudgingly) that over the last couple years of doing LC on and off I've never properly followed the carb ladder as written in the Atkins book. How can I say that it doesn't work for me..if I've never tried it?!

I guess (no, I KNOW) it was my lack of my patience but I'm finally realizing now how important it is to do so. Maybe VLC isn't the only way I can eat & loose weight. Maybe ..ok definitely..the problem was my eating VLC and then at random times upping my carbs with MY choice of carbs & in too large of increments vs. following the ladder of foods & only adding 5carbs at a time.

And maybe I'll come to the same conclusion that VLC is what I need to do to loose weight..But unless I give the carb ladder a REAL shot--I won't know. So thanks again for this post & your may other similar posts..I needed to read this to get refocused and once and for all climb the carb ladder by the book...

So now I need to get focused..prepare to restart induction (for 2 weeks only) and then climb that carb ladder..one rung at a time!