View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-27-19, 06:53

Plan: LCHF, no breakfast.
Stats: 256/178/140 Female 5ft 3"
BF:
Progress: 67%

I feel the same, worried about putting it on again if I change, slip up and let myself go.

Statistically we’re most likely to put the weight back on. Whether talking about set-points, lowered metabolism, some emotional or genetic propensity for increased appetite or adipose tissue, etc, we will never be able to eat like slim, normal people who don’t have whatever these issues are.

It takes effort and awareness and honesty to keep the weight off. Whether we lost weight low cal, low carb, through fitness, muscle building, fasting, etc, this really is a LIFE change. Going back to SAD will result in going back to being obese. One might hope we can use many tools to get to target and then relax and just use some tools to maintain weight. I don’t know if this is ok, and who knows which areas we can each slacken up on? Some people do great on moderate carb, some feel they need below 20g or whatever their number is. Others may prefer to eat more carbs, also fast and work out.

My weight is almost low enough, now I want to be healthy. I plan to be at this journey for the rest of my life. That makes it easier as I’m coming to accept it. I have to be honest with myself, carbs and problem foods make me deceive or damage myself: ‘It’s only a little bit...’. Or ‘I’ve lost it once, I can do it again next year’. I will need to be very aware of what I’m saying to myself to stay on track.

I’m stressed right now, I emotional eat; eaten five apples today. It’s not great, not in ketosis, but it won’t kill me. Had it been toast, I’d have eaten the whole loaf by now. Apples aren’t so bad, they and the roast chicken and black coffee will be ok for my health. I have problems and hope to figure it out eventually. None of us got fat because we’re fine, happy, healthy and doing great.