View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-21, 05:58
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Wraps/tortillas have been a difficult quest for me. Yes, I love my chaffles, and your griddle muffins , but sometimes a big flat un-sticky thing in which to wrap your meat/cheese/veggies is nice. A meat/cheese/veg roll-up can be messy, especially when it's hot.

I wish the Nucos were less expensive, and/or I could figure out how to make my own. Maybe I just need to keep experimenting.

Likewise with the Folios I can buy now - nice, but prohibitively expensive.

The nori, I really like with some smoked salmon, cream cheese, avocado and cucumber dipped in tamari when I'm in a sushi mood. I think it would taste weird to me outside of that, but it's a cool idea and it holds together well.

(ETA) I've seen great big deli chicken "wraps" out there on the twitter. I think it was Maria Emmeritch who mentioned them. They're exactly what they sound like - giant circular slices of deli chicken. For me, again, it would have to be priced right. I can buy "normal" deli chicken and make smaller roll-ups.

(ETA again) Large green leaves are a decent wrap. DH took me to a nice deli for my birthday one year, and their "gluten-free wrap" was a giant collard leaf. It was a tad bitter as you'd expect, but held together well and the sandwich was awesome.