View Single Post
  #104   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-16, 11:28
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

I would like to interject my own experience to this part of the conversation.

Following the rule of eating only when hungry and stopping when full while eating LCHF+IF, over time my calorie count has fallen much lower and I've become concerned that my metabolism is compromised.

For the past month I've been doing n=1 in an attempt to raise my body temp, which is low. Using the same underarm thermometer at roughly the same time of day every day I have logged my temp.

Upon rising at 3:30am my temp is 96 F. After my 2-mile walk, it falls 2 degrees, then after eating and in mid afternoon it goes up to 97, but never reaches 98 throughout the day.

To raise the temperature, I've been eating LCHF with every 4th day being a refeed, except the past 6 days which have all been HCHC. Nothing has worked to alter my temperature pattern.

This experiment has failed to give me the desired result. From so many years of dieting, my metabolism seems to have just gotten slower and my body temp lower. As a result of my n=1, my joints have reverted to aches, I've gained pounds and bloat and my sleep patterns are very disturbed.

It's in my best interest to go back to LCHF +IF.