View Single Post
  #1146   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-19, 20:35

Plan: Atkins & IF
Stats: 260/213/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

I’m still struggling to figure out what fasting routine works well with my family. I feel I could and should throw in a 36 hour fast once or twice a week, but I don’t want to screw my kids up about food, if that makes sense. My kids aren’t overweight and one is considered underweight by the school BMI charts, but he does ballet, eats more than my husband and is super active. My middle child, also a boy, is “soft” but not overweight. My daughter is kind of a mixture of both. I’ve never told them I’m on a diet, but tell them that I’m passing up dessert (semi rare event in our household) because I want to be healthier. I tell them I don’t need rice at dinner because I have stored energy that I want to use up. Kids just shrug and move on if we don’t make a big deal about it. But when they’re at school, fasting is easy, so I got into the OMAD rut. I’d do 2MAD on Saturday and Sunday.

But I’ve started weight training since about a week ago, on top of the 30-40 minutes of cardio that I was doing most days, so I’ve upped my protein because I adore Dr. Phinney. 😆 I’ve been eating a 35+ grams of protein in the middle of that day, if I’ve worked out, and then eat a low carb dinner with my family. I’m pretty sure I’m messing this fasting thing up, but I started it in early September and I can’t believe all the benefits I’ve experienced. To be fair, I also gave up my Diet Coke addiction and most recently, 90% of the dairy I was consuming, which was horribly inflammatory for me. One of the things that gave me the idea to cut dairy was a comment in an old post by deirdra. You commented about the benefits you experienced by cutting out dairy.

But my whole reason for this post was to talk about a NSV that I’m sure came as a result of the fasting. I had this growth between my eyelid and eyebrow that started out like a pimple and then got a little wider. Most people probably didn’t notice it, but I did. It appeared about two years ago and periodically I would notice it increased in size. I wondered if it was one of those cholesterol deposits that I’ve seen on people’s eyelids, but I’ve read that you usually don’t have them on just one eye. They’re typically symmetrical. I’m not sure if that’s true or not. Anyway, I’ve picked at it a few times over the course of the past two or three years and it gets angry and red and sometimes a tiny scab. Then it goes back to being skin colored and annoying me just by being there. 😆 So, a few days ago, I got annoyed again and squeezed it🤦‍♀️. It got red and I left it alone. I gave up pretty quickly this time. The next day, it has that little scab, like the other three or four times I’ve done this. The following day, while putting on makeup, I noticed some skin hanging, so I gently pulled and the whole thing came off!! The skin is nice and clean under it! It looks like there was never anything there!! So, in disbelief, I checked for the tiny skin tag that I’ve had under my breast since my last pregnancy and it’s gone too!!! I’ve had that thing for 6 years!! 😲