View Single Post
  #1145   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-19, 19:23

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Having dieted for 50 years, when I wasn't tracking what I ate I often binged, but once I found that vLCvHF kept me satiated and I was maintaining, I decided to test whether I could trust my appetite. I stayed on plan but didn't enter what I ate into my computer program (where I might be tempted to eat more that day or cut calories the next day and slow my metabolism), but did it jot it down on paper to enter after four weeks of eating "when hungry". I found that I ate 3500 calories of steak, fat etc one day and naturally ate less the next day and each week averaged to ~1900 calories without trying to control it. I was shocked to find my body/hormones actually did what they were supposed to be doing. If I eat OMAD and am hungry at 6 am the next day, I eat! I'm a true believer in mixing it up so my BMR doesn't adapt. In my LFHC days I'd eat 1100 cals and exercise for 45+ minutes every single day and gain if I ate more. Now I hum along eating 1750 vLCvHF calories with no exercise or 1900 calories or more when I do a lot of hiking.