#89   ^
Old Mon, Aug-14-17, 12:50

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwtwindo
Welp - I've been having sharp pain in the mornings for the last 8+ weeks, that goes away within a couple of hours usually. It's more at the top of my thighs, in back, but so intense it causes my gait to buckle. I thought it was related to my back injury of '11 and keep thinking I need to make an appointment with the neurologist again.

Well...maybe not! The last 3 days I have done hamstring and piriformis stretches as soon as I wake up, and before my morning walks. Result: no, or little, pain for the last 3 days!

Forgot to do them this morning (very little pain when I awoke) and about 50 steps into my walk OWWW OWWW OWWW! Sharp pains that caused my gait to buckle again.

I stopped right there on the sidewalk and did the stretches - the rest of my walk was PAIN FREE.

*feeling encouraged and inspired*

Noting here that my pace before the pain started was usually around 19-20 minutes per mile, sometimes 22 if I took a phone call. The last 8 weeks I have switched to walking early, so no phone calls, but I have been at 24+. It just hurts too much to go faster.

The day before yesterday (with stretches) I hit 19 minutes per mile again, and this morning I was so encouraged, I pushed a little harder and was 18.62. Woo hoo!