View Single Post
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 09:14
Registered Member

Plan: C.A.L.P. and Bernstein
Stats: 204/176/-140 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 8%

I have just read this thread from start to finish and must say that I am impressed with the wealth of information here. I agree with you about CALP being better for a carbohydrate addict than other low carb plans firstly because I have stuck religiously to both Bernstein and Atkins for many months on each and have managed to lose only a couple of pounds which I have quickly put back on again. I switched to CALP and lost five pounds in the first week which - for me - is quite amazing. I am severely addicted to carbs and am a type 2 diabetic. I reckon I wouldn not have become a diabetic if I had known about CALP years ago either.

At first I was very afraid of including carbohydrates into the Reward Meal as, having been on strict low carb for so long, I thought my blood glucose levels would rocket but when I finally took the plunge and had some carrots peas and a potato within my reward meal and found that my blood glucose levels actually came down, I was well and truly hooked. It has been three weeks now and the only problem I have with the diet is an intense fear to step on the scales again. I know it sounds strange but I have been disappointed for so long on the other diets that I am completely phobic about checking my weight.

I have been taking GTF Chromium every morning and this has completely eliminated any cravings I might have had and I have had absolutely nothing to eat that is remotely sweet (artificial or otherwise) since starting CALP.

I am so pleased to find somewhere where there is help and support for people on this plan. Bless you for being there.

Oh yes, thank you also for answering a question I had on another problem, earlier in the thread, I was wondering why I couldn't send or receive PM's and now I know why. I had better start posting messages more often